HAVANA WEEKEND GETEWAY
(FRIDAY TO SUNDAY)
PEOPLE TO PEOPLE PROPOSED ITINERARY – SUBJECT TO CHANGE
· 5:00 AM Check in Tampa International Airport, Southwest, Flight WN3952.
· 7:00 AM Depart International Airport.
· 8:15 AM Arrive at Jose Marti International Airport, Havana.
· 9:00 AM Welcome by Tour Guide.
· 9:30 AM Walking tour of Old Havana, designated as world heritage sites by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Tour also include places Ernest Hemingway made famous: AMBOS MUNDOS HOTEL (where he had a private room and legend has it where he wrote For Whom the Bell Tolls), EL FLORIDITA bar and LA BODEGUITA DEL MEDIO. By Hemingway’s own account, he said, "My mojito in La Bodeguita del Medio and my daiquiri in the Floridita."
· 12:00 PM Lunch at EL AJIACO CAFÉ, a private sector restaurant known as a Paladar. The term “Paladar” originated from the Brazilian soap opera aired in Cuba, Vale Tudo, as it was the name of the main character’s restaurant chain.
· 2:00 PM Stop for a drink at LA TERRAZA in Cojimar Fishing Village. Ernest Hemingway's favorite restaurant (he ate there when he was staying at his farmhouse in Finca La Vigia – the Lookout).
· 2:30 PM Visit to FINCA LA VIGIA, Ernest Hemingway’s home in Cuba, which is now a government-run museum and where he wrote The Old Man and the Sea. His famous fishing boat captained by Gregorio Fuentes “THE PILAR” is now literally housed in his backyard! The protagonist in The Old Man and the Sea, “Santiago,” was patterned after Hemingway’s boat captain Gregorio Fuentes.
· 4:00 PM Check In at HOTEL NACIONAL.
· 7:00 PM Dinner at La Moraleja Paladar.
· 9:30 PM World Famous Tropicana Club review, VIP table. The Tropicana Cabaret is Cuba's oldest and most famous Cabaret located in Havana. Known as the "Paradise under the Stars", it opened in 1931 and has been pleasing crowds ever since. Surrounded by lush vegetation, you can enjoy a glittering spectacle featuring over 200 singers, dancers, musicians and vocalists.
· 7:00 AM Full breakfast at Hotel Nacional.
· 8:00 AM Day trip to VARADERO region. Pleasant two-hour drive through quaint town Matanzas.
· 11:00 AM Tour at Xanadu Mansion – former DuPont home. The owner of this exclusive estate was French American millionaire Irenee Dupont de Nemours, born on 21 December 1876. In 1927, at the age of 49, he retired from the chemical empire chairmanship and started to look around for a quiet place to spend his retirement. He found it in Cuba. The property included a four story mansion, with 11 bedrooms and adjoining baths, three large terraces, seven balconies, a private dock, and 18 holes championship golf course.
· 12:00 PM Lunch at Xanadu Mansion Restaurant.
· 2:00 PM Enjoy Varadero Beach.
· 5:00 PM Back to Hotel.
· Dinner at your leisure (will make recommendations).
· 7:00 AM Full breakfast at Hotel Nacional.
· 9:00 AM Visit at Museo of Ron. Learn the whole process, from the production of Barrels of Roble Blanco, to fermentation and processing, through a model to reproduce in detail a sugar mill.
· 10:00 AM Visit Almacenes San Jose to buy souvenirs.
· 11:00 AM Stop to buy Cubans Cigars.
· 12:00 PM Lunch at AMOS, a Photo Gallery and Paladar.
· 2:00 PM Visit to CALLEJON DE HAMEL. The Alley of Hamel is one of the main focuses of Afro-Cuban culture in Havana. Its history dates back to the years 1989-90, when this community cultural project began to take shape which has resulted in a kind of outdoor gallery where you can immerse yourselves in the Afro-Cuban culture.
· 4:00 PM Check in Jose Marti International Airport, Southwest, Flight Number WN3953.
· 6:05 PM Depart Jose Marti International Airport.
· 7:05 PM Arrive at Tampa International Airport.
THIS TRIP INCLUDES
· CUBAN VISA
· OFAC LICENSE
· HEALTH INSURANCE
· TWO NIGHT IN HOTEL NACIONAL
· TWO BREAKFAST BUFFET
· THREE LUNCHES
· ONE DINNER
· CUBA IN-COUNTRY TRANSPORTATION
· ENGLISH SPEAKING TOUR GUIDE
· ALL MUSEUM FEES ON THE PROGRAM
· HEMINGWAY THEME DAY TOUR
· VISIT TO UNESCO HERITAGE SITES
· DAY TOUR TO VARADERO
· VISIT TO THE RUM MUSEUM
· VISIT TO SAN JOSE FLEA MARKET
· STOP TO BUY CUBAN CIGARS
· VISIT TO ALLEY OF HAMEL
· WORLD FAMOUS TROPICANA CLUB SHOW
· AIRPORT DEPARTURE TAX
· $ 2,410.00 per person in single occupancy (valid from May 1st to September 30th)
· $ 1,615.00 per person in double occupancy (valid from May 1st to September 30th)
Payments can be made by check or cash at our office:
4803 South Himes Ave, Tampa Fl, 33611
If you wish to pay by Check or Cash please use the "contact our office" link below.
You can also pay with credit card through our website (see the link below). All credit card payments will be subject to a 5% processing fee.
If you are planning your trip with more than 90 days in advance of the departure day, you can pay a deposit to reserve your spot. Contact our office for more details.
Four groups travel of three or more please contact our office for discounted rates.