ARTE Y MODA
20 ANNIVERSARY FASHION SHOW IN HABANA, CUBA
Arte y Moda will be celebrating their 20-year anniversary from November 8th to November 13th, 2016. The venue as usual will be the National Museum of Fine Arts in La Habana, Cuba. The top fashion designers of the Island will take over the night showing us their original works. Using recycled and unconventional materials, the artists collaborate to create extreme limits full of art, passion and imagination showing the ample gamut of contemporary artistic expressions.
Staying true to its' nature this project every year is updated never losing its essence; the dialogue between art and design of garments. This years' event will consist of the best designs of the past 20 years. The catch is that all of them will be altered and improved, making it a whole new spectacle.
What is Arte y Moda? Art and Fashion Extreme Costumes has for its subject the design and creation of costumes using materials and extreme resources, resulting in the production of a costume with artistic value and a broad sense of experimentation; using premium materials from various sources, among which you can find genres and textiles, industrial recycled products, natural resources, and others left to the ingenuity and search of the creators. The designers are inspired by a plastic play. Whether it is painting, photography, or sculpture the designers utilize the materials in a way that its application results in a novel experiment. The beat on the stage or fashion show links dancing, music, and body language that provide a spectacle of light and color that identifies with the Cuban national spirit.
For Designers Interest in Participating
- Designers will be allowed to present 15 different pieces.
- Collection needs to be approved by the Arte y Moda managing group. Submissions can be done by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10, 2016.
- There is an entry fee that will be included on the price of the package.
For Models Participating in the Event
- Models will have runway walk workshops with Cuban top coaches.
- Models will be selected to participate on the International Runway Show.
- Photo shoots will be available for models on Habana's most prominent locations.
- Models will have networking opportunities as they get to take photos and do the runway walk with collections of many international designers.